Christopher E. Swanson, M.D.
Team Email: SwansonTeam@se-ortho.com
Team Phone: (904)-328-6706
- Doctor of Medicine - University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
- University of Pennsylvania - Post-Baccalaureate Special Sciences Program
- Bachelor of Arts - Dartmouth College
- Fellow in Sports Medicine, Shoulder and Knee Surgery - Cincinnati Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center
- Chief Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery - Drexel University College of Medicine/ Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Resident in Orthopaedic Surgery - Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2015
- Team Physician Trinity Christian Academy High School
- Team Physician Baker County High School
- Assistant to head team physician Cincinnati Bengals
- Assistant to team physician Drexel University Men’s Basketball
Research Assistant, University of Pittsburgh Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Kumar NS, Jakoi AM, Swanson CE, Tom JA. Is formal decompression necessary for parameniscal cysts associated with meniscal tears? Knee. 2014 Mar;21(2):501-3.
Swanson C, Schleyer E, Chang K, Pizzutillo P, Herman M. Post-operative Pain Control in Supracondylar Humerus Fracture Fixation Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics, July 2012.
Advances in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Advances on the Knee, Shoulder, and Sportsmedicine, 2013, Hilton Head, SC.
Post-operative Pain Control in Supracondylar Humerus Fracture Fixation.American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting, 2012, San Francisco, CA.
Parameniscal Cysts: Is Formal Cyst Decompression Necessary? Arthroscopy Association of North America Annual Meeting, 2011, San Francisco, CA.
Scientific Exhibits and Posters:
Management of Intra-Articular Injuries Associated with Acute Patellar Dislocation in Adolescents. Swanson C, Parker B, Amin N, Tom J, Safier S. E-poster presentation at 2011 AANA Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
Parameniscal Cysts: Is Formal Cyst Decompression Necessary? Swanson C, Tom J. Drexel University College of Medicine Department of Orthopaedic Surgery Research Day, May 2009.
A New Internal Fixation Technique for Adult Forearm Fractures. Swanson C, Leddy T, Chertow T, Gatt C. University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Research Day, 2005.
Kendra Hentkowski, MPAS, PA-C
- Master of Science Degree, Physician Assistant Studies, Marietta College
- Bachelor of Human Sciences, FSU
- Academic Scholarship Two Year Program, School of Engineering, University of Michigan
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Certified in BLS
"I spent my childhood in Marietta, Ohio and moved to the Jacksonville area my freshman year of high school. I’ve been an avid sports fanatic my entire life. I played high school basketball and lacrosse, as well as college intramural sports. Currently, I love to run and workout.
My graduate degree is from Marietta College with my undergraduate degree from Florida State University, including 2 years at the University of Michigan. When I was given the opportunity to move back home and work for an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine, I couldn’t pass it up!
The best part of my job is watching patients at all levels of activity return to what they love. Whether it is the high school football player throwing a touchdown pass to win the game, or the college soccer player scoring her first goal, or even the weekend warriors finally remodeling their kitchen, all pain free, that is what makes my job so special. Being a part of someone’s journey and helping them through their recovery process is one of the most rewarding aspects of my job. I am extremely fortunate to work with Dr. Swanson, Amber and the rest of our team who share a similar passion in helping patients and we enjoy seeing their positive results."
Lead Medical Scribe for Christopher Swanson, MD
"The best part of my job is having the opportunity to be a part of helping patients recover from their injuries. I have spent the last 5 years working in Orthopedics, and Sports Medicine is by far my favorite sub-specialty. It has been a pleasure to work with Dr. Swanson. It is our goal at Southeast Orthopedic Specialists to treat every patient like family and provide nothing but the best of care."